RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Alive

Role-play while having fun! This RP site is a big collection of role-play topics! Role-play in your favorite or try something new! There are even school topics for all you teachers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Island

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:55 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------~~~~~~~~~---~~~

Chapter 1: The boat

A boy around the age of eighteen a wearing a heavy cloak sat alone in a dimly lit cabin on a giant ship. He was writing in some sort of journal.

'I found myself aboard this strange ship when I awoke. I have no idea how I got here, but the crew is mostly friendly. If I ask them about the boat or myself they seem to act really suspicious, but I doubt that means much. I really just wish I could remember how I got here. For all I know I could be a rich prince or something and I've been kidnapped. I can only hope that we arrive at our destination soon however, as I begin to tire of the never ending ocean. It is worth noting that-'

A knock at the door kept the boy from finishing what he was writing.

"What is it?" he asked, knowing whoever it was would have the decency to answer him.

"The captain wishes to see you on the deck."

The boy was always relieved that the sailors aboard the ship didn't act much like pirates despite dressing like them.

He got up and exited the cabin. The salty sea air was refreshing, but the ocean seemed to continue on forever. I guess it can't be anything about the end of this voyage then. He made his way over to the bow where the captain was waiting. "You wanted to see me sir?"

"Indeed. It would seem that we have a stowaway aboard the ship. I need you to go below deck and see."

"Why does it have to be me? The rest of the crew seems more than able to see if theirs a stowaway."

"This task is more of your type of thing."

"What's that even supposed to mean?"

"Just go below deck okay!"

The boy had no idea what the captain was getting angry about, but decided to check anyways.

The ship was starting to sway as the boy made his way down the stairs that led below the deck.

There was also a strong fishy smell. It's because we're on a boat. the boy told himself, but this was different.

There was a splash as he stepped off of the stairs and onto the deck. A leak? There was no lighting down here and so it was difficult to see if there was actually a leak, but there was a faint sound of rushing water. The boy ventured towards it though he couldn't see more than a foot in front of his face.

For some reason it seemed to get darker and then he ran into something. It was large, like a wall, but was wet and squishy at the same time. As his eyes began to adjust he saw it was whiteish and had green ring patterns. He felt his was along it, still following the sound of the water, when he saw something unnerving. It was a large yellow orb inside the surface with a black sliver in the center. The sliver slid across the surface until it was facing him.

Below this was a giant beak, which let loose a loud screeching roar. The boy stumbled backwards. He could tell what it was now, there was no doubt. A Kraken!

He was still trying to grasp the concept of such a creature standing before him when I giant tentacle struck him with great force and sent him flying across the room. He hit the ground hard, the water didn't do much to lessen the impact.

Moments after he made impact with the ground he heard a splash from nearby. He crawled over to when it came from and felt around on the ground for something. He cut his hand on something sharp. The cut wasn't all that bad and he continued to feel around till he found something he could hold. Lifting it up he realized it was a sword.

Another tentacle came crashing down and rolled out of the way just in time. The boy looked at his sword, then at the tentacle. Acting on instinct he brought the sword down, slicing the end off of the tentacle. The Kraken screeched in pain as blood shot everywhere. It swung another tentacle, but the boy ducked under it with easy. It's almost like it wasn't trying to hit me that time.

There was a loud crash as the tentacle broke a massive hole in the ship's wall. A massive torrent of water burst into the ship, sending the boy into the wall. He fell to the ground, barely gripping his weapon, as the Kraken prepared to end it. He got up to his feet, clutching his stomach with his free hand, and charged the beast.

He moved to the side as the monster attempted to crush him with a tentacle, it's only real attack, and swung his sword in an upward arc cutting it in half before it even hit the ground. He continued to run, knowing it wouldn't be open for long.

He was practically right infront of it when he thrust his sword, right into it's eye. It shrieked, but then collapsed, dead. In that exact moment the captain ran downstairs. "Get above deck!" he warned, "The ship's going down!"

The boy ran for the stairs. When he got to the top he could have sworn he saw the captain standing on the bow like he was before, but it was impossible to tell because everything shook intensely. Though he couldn't tell, he figured they hit something. In all the shaking he was hurled to the ground face first. Everything was beginning to go black. This is it! We're all dead!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~--------------------~~~~~~~~~----~~~~

K. So for the record, book 1 isn't over yet. yet. It will be soon, and I decided to start on this cuz I think it's cool and different. Anyways. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 5:52 pm

Who's the boy, r u gonna finish it, It's pretty good!
Back to top Go down
https://rpalive.rpg-board.net
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:51 pm

I can't tell you who he is, but it tells you in the next chapter sorta.

And I'm gonna work on this this one alittle until I finish the first one, then it's gonna become the main story.

And thanks.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 9:54 pm

Woo Hoo! U iz a good writer of books. I iz a good writer of poetry.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 9:55 pm

Yay! *hugz*
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:09 pm

I have dis much drawing talent: (_____________)
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:11 pm

Is that a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:13 pm

No. Mah friend: Infinity.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:16 pm

Infinity sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:18 pm

She ish awesome. For 3 days I be in DC, with mah camp.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:25 pm

Wait, you are now or will be?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:26 pm

tomorrow. Post?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:29 pm

Oh. k.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 10:31 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/10/2012, 7:45 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/11/2012, 8:19 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~----~~~~

Chapter 2: Sora

The boy found himself on a beach. I'm alive?!? He looked around and tried to get to his feet, but was in too much pain to stand. He fell back down face first into the sand. It was difficult for him to stay awake. As everything went black once again, he heard a voice.

"Hey. Are you alright?" It sounded like a child. There was the sound of footsteps in the sand. "Oh no. Someone get help!"

The voice faded as he lost consciousness.

-----------

The boy awoke in a bed. He was felling better, but noticed that were replaced with the clothes of a peasant. He got up and looked around to see that the house was quite massive. There was all sorts of things, though the entire house looked almost like a child's room. He looked over to see that there was a young girl standing near him.

"Good morning mister." she said. Her voice sounded the same as the one from the beach.

"Where am I? And who are you?"

"My name's Elise." She sounded rather cheerful. "You were napping on the beach, but you looked hurt, so I brought you back here."

"And where is here exactly?"

"This is my house."

"Well, where are your parents?"

"Parents?"

"Who looks after you?"

"No one silly!"

The boy seemed worried by this.

"By the way mister, what's your name?"

He thought for a while, but couldn't remember anything before waking up on the boat.

"I don't know." he told her.

"I'll name you Felix."

"Right, well I should probably go," he made his way to the door and tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. Locked? He looked at the door. There seemed to be no way to unlock it from the inside other than the large keyhole.

"A doggy ran off with the key mister." Elise said, pointing over at a staircase that seemed to lead underground.

"I'll just go get it then." he said, walking towards the stairs.

"But it's a big, scary doggy mister. You should take this with you."

Felix looked over to see she was holding out a sky blue sword for him. He snatched it before she cut herself. "Where did you get this?"

"I found it on the beach by you. There was also this small pointy stick!"

He recognized the stick she was playing with as a knife and took it too.

As he descended into the room beneath the house he realized that it was a cave. It looked as if someone or something had carved it out by hand or with very poor tools. Light from the house filtered through the floorboards and reflected off of minerals, keeping it dimly lit. The smell of carrion hung in the air.

There was a low growling and Felix gripped his sword tightly. A wolf stood before him. It appeared fully grown, but was smaller than an average wolf and looked as if it was wasting away. He lowered his sword. The wolf whimpered and ran off. I guess I don't have to worry about being attacked down here. Now, I have to find that key. He made his way to the center of the room when a much louder growl came from behind him.

He spun around to see a much larger wolf, four to six times larger than the last, and much more well fed. Not knowing what to do, he slashed at it's face with the sword. It only cut the wolf slightly, but there was blood. The wolf launched itself at him, clearly angered. He rolled out of the way, slashing at it's side as it flew past. It turned around and pounced again.

He was too slow to get out of the way this time, though it was more of a tackle than a pounce. He was thrown to the ground and his sword flew across the room. the wolf padded over until it was standing over him. He stared up in horror as the slash in it's face slowly recovered until it was as if it had never been cut at all. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the knife.

He hurled it upward, hoping it world do something. The blade of the knife dug deep into the wolf's left eye. Felix moved quickly, getting out from under it as it came crashing down. He ran over to his sword and saw a key nearby in a pile of decaying flesh. Taking both, he ran for the stairs and pushed a bookshelf over the top of the staircase. Glad to finally be out of there, he made his way to the door and unlocked it. It pushed open and he looked at the scene before him.

The ground was coated in a field in of grass and there were building not that far off. The sky was clear and the sun shone down brightly. In the midst of it he saw a sign that read 'Welcome to Sora, a village of life'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

K, so it didn't tell you who the boy is, but he has a name now. No one knows who he was before. Except for me.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:24 pm

Will it be revealed?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:25 pm

Everything will be revealed eventually. Atleast, I think everything.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:26 pm

I like the name Felix. Oh, and I'm back from D.C.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:27 pm

Welcome back *hugz*

I just came up with it, like, out of nowhere cuz he needed a name
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:29 pm

Thanks! I'm tired though. Marble floors ain't comfortable sto sleep on in a thin sleeping bag.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:30 pm

D: Why u sleep on the floor?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:32 pm

I wuz with mah camp. They rent synagogues with liek, NO carpeting. I'm crashin early.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island   Island Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:32 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

Island Empty