RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Alive

Role-play while having fun! This RP site is a big collection of role-play topics! Role-play in your favorite or try something new! There are even school topics for all you teachers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Night on the Town

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

A Night on the Town - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime6/19/2012, 4:15 pm

k.
Back to top Go down
https://rpalive.rpg-board.net
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 7:17 am

I apologize for abandoning this. I haven't felt like writing for a while, but I kept having idea for more stuff even after I planned the exact ending for this, so apparently there will be a second story.

(Also, can you please delete the posts with held out words to make this one easier to read?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------~~~~~

Opening:

Night awoke the next morning tied to a tree with his hands behind his back. Weird, I don't remember sleeping like this...

He suddenly noticed a group of three men in black suits with sunglasses standing around him.

"It's about time you woke up. We'd like to ask you a few questions," The man who appeared to be the leader said. He pulled a wanted poster from his suit pocket and showed it to Night. "We're looking for this man. Have you seen him?"

Night examined the poster. It wasn't in color, but the man's hair seemed to be a shade of grey and most of his face was covered by the brim of his hat, which was tilted down as if he was trying to hide his face. The hat itself was rather odd. It seemed to be a sort of cone shape with a wide brim and the top part seemed to be bent.

Wow. This guy would stand out so much that I would definitely know if I had seen him! Night thought. "I don't recall ever seeing anyone like that," he told them honestly.

"Alright then." The man put away the poster.

"Can I go now?" Night asked.

"You just think you can slip away that easily? You're a wanted criminal to ya know." The man showed him another poster, though it didn't look a lot like him and had regular human ears.

"That isn't me," Night said.

"So you deny committing crimes? I know I've seen your face on the police screen before!"

Night tried to get free of the rope that bound him to the tree. These men were clearly crazy and though the two in the back were sitting there playing a form of card game, he figured they were very similar to the leader.

The rope happened to be poorly tied and fell to the ground after only a little fidgeting. Night stood up, noting that his arms had been rope-burned but he hadn't felt it. He looked up to see that all three of the men had drawn guns and were aiming at him.

I doubt I can get rid of all of them and avoid getting shot at the same time. The odds certainly hadn't been in his favor recently.

The leader seemed distracted by something in the trees. Night saw leaves falling down onto the forest floor, but could see nothing in the trees nearby. A blast of blue energy seemed to come from nowhere and took out one of the men. The other man fired shots into the trees but hit nothing. A similar blast came from a different direction and practically vaporized the man. The leader seemed to panic. He fired his entire clip into the trees.

It was then that Night saw it. Blood shot from the tree. Night knew tree didn't bleed. There was something up there that was intent on killing them, but whatever it was he couldn't see it. Invisibility? He wondered. It seemed stupid, but after everything that had happened he found it hard to count out the possibility.

The leader was pinned to the ground by blue crystals. The seemed similar to Night and Ryuk's attacks, but gave off a strange energy. Another crystal shot from the trees and buried itself in the leader's throat. Night braced himself, expecting to be the next one to die.

The was a small gust of wind and he looked up to see a strange person standing above him in the tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closing:

The man wore a red cloak and hat and was holding a rod with a glowing orb at the top. The disappeared in an instant. Night spun around to see them standing behind him. This man's speed and the bullet wound in his shoulder made it clear who they were, though they seemed to be around sixteen years old and he had no idea why such a person would kill random people.

"You alright?" The boy asked.

Night wanted to ask questions, but from the sound of it they were actually concerned. "I'm fine, thanks."

The boy looked relieved.

"Who are you anyways?" Night asked.

"You mean you haven't seen me before?"

Night shook his head. There was something familiar about them though.

The boy pulled his hat down over his face and suddenly Night remember. The poster! This guy's a criminal?!?

Seeing the looked on Night's face he knew Night had figured it out. "I'm not going to hurt you or anything, in fact, quite the opposite."

"You mean you want to help me?" Night didn't like associating with criminals despite having a reputation as one.

"Exactly!"

--------------

The boy led Night to a camp. It was similar to Marissa's only it felt different somehow. Maybe it was the way everyone dressed. It looked less serious but there was a strange tension in the air. The people all had weapons, some of which Night had never seen before. The boy explained: Maces, flails, staffs, crossbows, scimitars, slings and knives were among the most common weapons used by the kind of people at this camp.

Night had no idea what any of those were, but this people seemed like they were overly into medieval fantasy type stuff. People discussed curses, enchantments and battle tactics as if their lives depended on them.

"Don't you think some of these people are a bit old to be fooling around like this?" Night asked the boy maybe a little too loudly.

A hush fell over the camp. Many people glared at Night and some of them reached for their weapons as if they were genuinely offended. The boy dragged him away from the people and into a large tent, though it was clear that he was angry too.

Inside the tent was a man who reminded Night of Minamimoto. He seemed to be old and carried a staff with an orb on top of it that looked like the boy's.

"So, this is the one who mocks us." The man said.

Night noticed that he was facing away and they had entered almost silently.

"You wonder how I knew you were there. I can sense you. Such is the power of a Dragon Slayer."

"Dragon slayer?" Night asked.

"We have the ability to harness the magic of the world," the boy told him. "Everyone hear is one."

"I see, but is there a reason they aren't more modern?"

"Magic is a pure force. It cannot mix with things as unnatural as modern technology."

Both the boy and the man continued to explain to Night their way of living and the wonders of magic. It was interesting to him, mainly because the boy's magic matched his own ability almost exactly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending:

Night and the boy were going for a walk.

"This is all interesting, but what does it have to do with me?" Night asked.

"You were chose by fate for a very important task. Master saw it himself."

Master? "And that's why you are helping me?"

The boy nodded. He pulled a pendant from his pocket. It bore a crystal that gave off energy like his staff. It began to levitate and then, out of no where, hurled itself at Night's chest. It tore through his flesh and buried itself inside of him. The wound healed quickly and Night felt something he hadn't in a while. Pain.

"What the hell was that?!?"

"That crystal has taken you on as it's host."

Night had no idea what that even meant.

"It posses a high level of magic potential. Now that it is a part of you it should enhance your natural abilities with magic, making them far stronger."

"And that what you meant by helping me?"

"Yes. It should give you the strength to defeat the one cloaked in light."

"Wait, who?"

The boy didn't answer. "I have done all I can for you, it is time for you to awaken."

"Who are you anyways?"

Everything was beginning to fade.

Night woke up in his bed in the camp. His chest still hurt and the boy's last words echoed in his head. 'My name is Sedric. Sedric the Dragon Slayer.'

End of chapter fiveteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------~~~~~~

And thusly Night gained the powers of a Dragon Slayer, but was this true or was it all just a dream?

Anyways, sorry for the delay and all...

Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 4:09 pm

YAY!!!! The crystal thing wuz weird.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/6/2012, 6:08 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 5:44 am

I think the end of the story may be less weird than that chapter, but the second book will be pretty weird. I don't know whether I should post it when this one ends or not...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------~~~~~~

Opening:

Night found himself wondering whether that had been a dream or not all day. It felt so real, but it seemed preposterous. At the same time he did actually feel different, as if there was a parasite inside of him feeding off of his life force. Could that be the crystal? He had to know for sure.

It was late at night when he ventured out in search of the camp of the Dragon Slayers he had met yesterday. It was a long walk, and when he finally thought he was near he realized the place was abandoned. No signs that anyone had settled there at all, not even remains of a campfire.

He gazed up at the moon through a break in the trees. I guess it was just a vivid dream after all.

Suddenly he heard a familiar voice from the trees. "I figured you'd be here."

He looked up to see Sedric standing in a tree nearby.

"I'm sure you have some questions, why else would you have come here?"

"But where is everyone?" The whole camp was completely abandoned.

There were rumors of a dragon in the area so the camp has been moved. You see, dragons are vile creatures who drain the life force of the planet with their mere existence. In this way they drain Dragon Slayer's magic and can use their own. The reason we all live together is because no one of us can handle a dragon on our own, but enough about that. What questions do you have?"

Night thought that the whole dragons thing was getting to be sort of ridiculous. "I had to see if it was real," he told Sedric, "and I was wondering what you meant by 'the one cloaked in light'."

"You have fought them before and the time will come when you must fight them again. If you can harness the crystal's power they will be no match for you."

"So, I feel like something's eating away at my insides, is it possible that could be the crystal?"

Sedric nodded. "It is."

"I thought it was supposed to help me! Why does it feel like it's killing me?!?"

"It's because you are weak."

"You think I'm weak, huh?" A shadowy blade appeared in Night's hand.

Sedric didn't seem to expect this sort of reaction. He dropped down from the tree. "You don't want to do this."

"First you call me weak and then you act like you know me? Come a little closer and I'll show you just how wrong you truly are!"

Sedric appear behind him, moving with the same speed as he had when he killed those three men. "Trust me, this isn't you!"

Night turned and swung the sword though he hit only air. He looked over to see Sedric standing a few meters away. A kunai appeared in Night's hand and he flung it at him, but Sedric seemed to vanish just before it hit him. "Quit running!" Night shouted. He wasn't himself anymore.

A sword of blue energy appeared before Sedric and he grabbed it. "If you really want to fight then so be it."

Night charged at him and swung at his head, but it was blocked. Every time he tried to hit Sedric his attack would get blocked. It was obvious that his opponent was far to fast to hit regularly, but he didn't care. He continued to attack.

With all of his might he brought his sword down vertically. The strength of this attack was enough to cut a man clean in two, and yet it was blocked. The force of the hit shattered Sedric's blade and knocked him back.

He looked up Night from the ground. "Okay, you've proven yourself, there's no need to keep going." He coughed up a small amount of blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closing:

Seeing this stopped Night in his tracks. Blood? But I never landed a single hit! Is it possible his power comes at a cost too?

"Are you finally back to yourself?" Sedric asked.

Night nodded and helped him up. The sword had disappeared.

"That was exactly what I was referring to. The crystal seeks power. The fact that it's ambition can control you means only one thing, you are still weak. Physical strength is of no consequence."

---------------

Sedric finished answering Night's questions relating to the crystal and the events that had gone on in the dream.

"One last thing. What should I do now?" Night asked.

"The is a boy. He is named Luke and is the adopt son of the head of 8035. His brother went missing years ago and recently he left the lab in search of answers. I would suggest you seek him out as he may have inside knowledge on the lab. It would be beneficial in your search for The Oracle."

"What happened to his brother?"

"That I do not know. Whatever it was it was something very impure. That is why you must destroy the Oracle. It is a threat to all existence."

"Where do I start looking?"

"I heard recently that many people in relation to the lab have gone missing. Chances are that he is looking into that. If you can solve that you will surely meet him in the process."

"Good to know."

"I've helped you all I can. I'd better go now, everyone's probably waiting for me."

Sedric vanished into the trees.

I should probably return home too. Night thought.

The sun was beginning to rise and he didn't want Marissa to end up looking for him.

When Night got back to camp he slept til almost noon. He had a lot to think about, but he was quite tired so thinking could wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending:

Night noticed that the sun was now far above him. He remembered what Sedric had said about people going missing. Most of Marissa's group had been kidnapped and there was no way it was a coincidence. He remembered seeing Ryuk with one of the kidnappers.

Then again, he saved me from them earlier. He couldn't have been working with them. Perhaps he was a double agent the whole time and I blew his cover.

There was no telling what the true story was. Night heard what sounded like a group of people approaching and hid in the top of a tree. It was Ryuk! And he was leading a group of the kidnappers right into the camp!

"Marissa's been gone and Night's been sleeping all day. Now's the perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of him."

One of the kidnappers seemed to say something, but he couldn't hear it.

"He's not immortal!" Ryuk snapped at them. "I don't care how long it takes, just kill him!" He led them into the room where Night had been sleeping.

"He's gone! Find him, there's no way he's gotten far. We need him dead. Now!"

The group of kidnappers split up and searched the camp looking for him.

Night suddenly felt a hand over his mouth and looked back to see one of them had somehow snuck up on him. The dragged him deep into the forest and he figured he was going to be killed. It was then that they removed their helmet and Night saw a familiar face.

"Marissa? What are you doing here?"

End of chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------~~~~~~~

And I just cut it right there because I can. Loljk I just thought that would be enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 11:30 am

Continue, it good. Suggestion, involve the Dark Gang, it make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 6:39 pm

Dark Gang?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/8/2012, 3:57 pm

Yus, but 6 years older. Dark frees all the experiments at 19.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/8/2012, 7:22 pm

That's all well and good, but you forget that Dark already died in the parallel universe in which Night exists. So have Daniel and Scott, and I doubt Zaro would help at all.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/8/2012, 10:36 pm

...oh...then nvm.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 12:36 am

And they were the same age as in rp when they showed up the first time, so if they did come back why would they be six years older?
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 6:48 am

In my head, there's a movie with them and Night wuz in a coma for 6 years.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 6:58 am

I'm sure there's a possibility for that if there was ever a book 3
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:17 am

Yeah...In mah head, de Dragon Slayerz iz eeeeeeeeeeeeeebil! Dey kill awesome dragons!
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:22 am

According to Sedric dragons kill the earth...
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:28 am

HE'S NUTS!
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:31 am

No, he's just a Dragon Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:44 am

THEY'RE ALL NUTS!
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:50 am

Yes yes, everyone's nuts but you *pat pat*
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:51 am

I'm happy being nuts ;-;
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:52 am

okay.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 7:55 am

Yayz.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:00 am

Llamaz
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:02 am

Plamaz. Y\Ur future job: Lama of Tibet.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:04 am

Tibet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night on the Town
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next