RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Alive

Role-play while having fun! This RP site is a big collection of role-play topics! Role-play in your favorite or try something new! There are even school topics for all you teachers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Night on the Town

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

A Night on the Town - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:06 am

ITS TRUE! Next part?
Back to top Go down
https://rpalive.rpg-board.net
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:08 am

Later. later.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:11 am

Grr.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:17 am

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:23 am

Iz ok.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:29 am

I'm writing something now, but iz not the next chapter
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 8:31 am

awwww.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 1:51 pm

This one may not be as good as other ones, I'm kinda drained from writing the beginning of 'Island'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------------~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening:

"Saving you once again, from the looks of it." Marissa said

"But why are you dressed like that?!?"

"I guess I should explain. About an hour ago Ryuk told me that they were coming again to raid the camp. I managed to get everyone else out, but you were still asleep. He gave me this outfit incase they got here earlier than expected, or incase you were sleeping."

Wait, he's helping us now? Night was confused by everything Ryuk did. Sometimes he was trying to kill them but the rest of the time he saved their lives.

"I know you don't really trust him, but he's a good guy. I don't know what he's thinking either, but he wouldn't ever wrong us."

"But he's just so suspicious! It's impossible to trust him, especially when he brings them into the camp and tells them to kill me."

"He wouldn't warn me about it and expect me to leave you there to die. He must have known you'd be gone by the time they arrived."

Night figured she was probably right. "Even so, we need to get to the bottom of this somehow."

"Right."

"Any ideas?"

Marissa didn't answer.

"No! I'm not going to ask Ryuk for help. He's clearly involved with this somehow and he won't like us snooping around."

"And what's you idea?"

Night didn't have an idea. "We could look around for clues or something."

"Fine. You do whatever you want, I'm asking Ryuk."

Marissa walked off in the direction of the camp. Almost immediately after she was out of sight the kidnappers from camp appeared around Night. He grabbed a sword and took a fighting stance, but they didn't seem interested. One of them stepped forward.

"What do you want? Are you here to kill me?"

The one in front shook his head

No? "Then why are you here?"

The leader indicated that he wanted Night to follow before disappearing and reappearing a few feet off. The rest of the group vanished into the trees. As Night approached the leader he vanished again and appeared somewhere else. What's with this guy? Is he too good for walking or something? Nevertheless Night followed them.

After awhile they arrived in a place where the dirt was a dark orange and the sun had gone from yellow to black. There were tents and campfires scattered around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closing:

The first thing Night noticed was that the ground was littered with bones. Most were animal, but many were human. The leader put his hand on Night's shoulder and Night suddenly recieved strange visions. They seemed to be from the point of view of people who had been kidnapped. The last one was the most terrifying however.

The person was led into the camp. They were receiving weird looks from every one of the kidnappers.They kept looking around and were clearly scared. It then for some reason focused in on a group of kidnappers near a campfire. They seemed to be eating some sort of meat. It took awhile for Night to realize that it wasn't just any meat though, it was human body parts.

The visions ended.

"You guys are cannibals?" Night asked

The leader shook their head.

"But I saw them eating people!"

The leader nodded.

"What are you anyways?"

The leader removed his helmet to reveal nothing more than a silhouette. It tried to speak, but the language it spoke seemed to be a broken, jumbled up version of english.

"These creatures are known as Shades."

Night looked behind him to see a stranger standing there.

"Only creatures they allow may enter this place, though that mainly includes their meals. The fact that you're here means you're either a guest or lunch." they continued

"And what about you?" Night asked.

"I am neither. I am not here because they want me here, but because I can not leave."

"Well, why can't you leave?"

"There are two reasons, because I am cursed, and because I am dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending:

"What do you mean you're dead?!?"

"I suppose that might come as a surprise, but it's true. I'm a ghost who can't find rest."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I was looking for my brother and I never did find him, so I guess that could be it."

"And what about this curse?"

"Wow you ask a lot of questions. Anyways yeah, I somehow got infected, and so if I were to step into the sun I would burn up."

He pulled back his sleeve to show Night that his arm was just a silhouette, like the Shade's head.

"Be careful what you do here, I have no idea what causes it." he warned before vanishing.

That was weird! Night thought. He turned back to the Shade. "Hey, you don't eat everyone you take, do you?"

The Shade shook it's head.

"And where would I find a living prisoner here?"

The Shade pointed to a shed that seemed to appear from nowhere.

Night approached it. The doorknob on the shed gave off a strange energy, similar to the stranger from before. Night figured it would probably be a bad idea to touch it, so he just kicked down the door instead.

The room had many people inside, and no one seemed to have been harmed by the flying door. None of them gave off the energy either, so he figured none of them were cursed. The majority of them rushed out, leaving only Night's friends. He recognized most of them from camp, as well as Dark.

There was a person who seemed to be hiding behind someone else. He checked to see it was the little experiment boy. Daniel! I thought he was dead!

The room suddenly got dark and everyone disappeared. Night turned to see the Shade standing in the doorway. It spoke.

"All is according to Master's plan."

-------------

Night awoke in the forest. What the hell just happened?!?!?

End of chapter seventeen

Last edited by Darkfang on 7/10/2012, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 5:47 pm

Oh...oh wow.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/10/2012, 9:00 am

I didn't even reply to that for some reason. Oh well, too late now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------------~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening:

"Sheesh, you do ask a lot of questions."

Night looked up to see Sedric, who seemed to follow him everywhere he went.

"I didn't even say anything!"

"Out loud, but I read your mind."

"You can do that?!?"

"Yeah. Anyways, since you're wondering, that wasn't a dream. You were in a place known as the Realm of the Shades. When you weren't paying attention the Shade warped you. As you saw they consume many sorts of creatures."

"Yeah, but I thought they would help me. They said they wouldn't kill me!"

"And you felt you could suddenly trust the people who were trying to kill you because?"

"Wait, what happened to the people who were still in the shed? They just vanished."

"It was an illusion, they're all dead."

"No. It can't be..."

Sedric decided to give him some space.

They're dead?!? All of them?!? We've failed. What are we going to do now. We don't stand a chance...

---------------

Night's shock wore off some time later and Sedric returned.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

Night nodded.

"There's nothing you could have done for them. You should just be glad you got out of there alive."

"How did I get out of there anyways?"

"Well, I saw you get warped, so I followed you and the Shade into the realm. The Shade had you cornered inside the shed so I teleported you out here and killed it."

"You can kill those?"

"Yeah, they aren't all that tough."

"So, why didn't you just kill all the Shades and save everyone from dying?"

"Honestly, I can't interfere with anything unless you are in danger. Master said so. And besides, they were probably dead before I even met you."

"So, there are still Shades out there?"

"Yeah, but after what happened to that guy, I take it they won't bother you again."

"Any idea who the leader is?"

"I'm not allowed to say. All I can tell you is that it's someone you've met before."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closing:

What Sedric said led Night to believe that Ryuk was the one responsible for the Shades. He had always thought Ryuk was involved, but never like this. Still, Marissa wouldn't believe him, and she would defend Ryuk. All of this is based on what I think though, it's not like Sedric said Ryuk was the leader. Night told himself. That didn't change how he felt though.

He made his way back to camp to see it was not as empty as before. The few people who hadn't been taken the first time were back. I guess the Shades just gave up and went home. He was relieved that he shouldn't have to worry about them any more.

Night looked around for Marissa, hoping that she hadn't been captured by the Shades while he was away. It seemed that not much time had passed since he left, but still, anything could have happened.

He found her in the room that had once belonged to Minamimoto. The room itself was where the leader's stayed, despite having their own separate rooms.

"Where have you been?!?" She asked. "We're preparing for the attack!"

The attack? it took Night a while to remember. But isn't this a little sudden? "I found out what happened to the men who got kidnapped. Speaking of which, where is Ryuk?"

"Well, I asked him about what had happened, but he said there was no time for him to explain and just sorta, ran off. So, what did happen to them? Did you bring them back with you?"

"No. They aren't coming back."

"What? Why not?!?"

"The men who kidnapped them... they were Shades."

Marissa nearly fainted. She used a wall for support and was trembling.

"You know about Shades?"

Marissa nodded slowly. The thought of her allies being devoured by the freakish creatures was almost to much for her.

When Marissa was finally calmed down she spoke. "That is grave news, but we can't stop the attack. We'll just have to hope that we can win this on our own."

Night agreed. "We have to fight for them."

End of chapter eighteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------~~~~

I don't know if you noticed, but this one is shorter, and it has no 'Ending:' part. I guess I messed up somewhere, so that's all there is for this chapter, and I don't want to add more to this one, cuz that would be taking away from the later chapters.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 9:42 pm

Nice?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:17 pm

IDk, I know it should be longer, but the story is almost over and I dun know what I can put in it.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:40 pm

It was very creepy.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 10:42 pm

Most of the people were eaten alive by shadows...
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 1:57 pm

Okay, this part's important, so listen up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------~~~~~~~~~

Opening:

Night, Marissa and the rest of the people who were still in their group stood outside the door to 8035.

"What if they're expecting us?" Night asked.

There was no response. Two men who were carrying a large explosive approached the door. Right. They're definitely not going to be taken by surprise. Everyone stood back as one of the men set the charge. There seemed to be some difficulty with setting it and the man was getting rather upset.

Night wondered what was going on. Barely an instant that the bomb went off, blowing the man and the door to pieces. The red mist and falling limbs didn't phase Night, but some of the men seemed like they were going to be sick. Everyone stared at the entrance way, waiting for the smoke to clear. As the haze faded, Night noticed an odd sound, and then a humming that he hadn't noticed before died down until it had faded completely.

In the entrance way there sat a rather large automatic turret. It was pointed downward, a sign that it was deactivated, but, as Night feared, when the noise stopped the turret activated. The turret seemed to look back and forth, trying to find a target. While it was facing away, one of the men thought it would be a wise idea to charge it. It wasn't. The turret had swung all the way back around before he could make it, and he was reduced to ground beef in a matter of seconds.

"Anyone else want to try something?" Night asked sarcastically, but it was too late.

Someone was crawling towards it, apparently not realizing that the turret could aim down as well as side to side. The collective group looked away, not wanting to watch as this one was torn to shreds. Marissa seemed to finally have had enough. Those two had charged straight in without any warning, so she hadn't had a chance to stop them. She got up and went over so that she was standing infront of it, though a good distance away, while it wasn't looking and disposed of it with a single fireball. Everyone was relieved that it was finally over.

They all got up and entered the lab. Everyone had to split up into small groups to search for the Oracle. Night hoped that they would be alright in groups of two to three, because as he noticed when they were outside, most of them weren't the smartest and many seemed unfamiliar with bloodshed. Night was with Marissa, so he figured that they would be fine.

As they were walking Night suddenly felt something. It was like a dark presence that lingered in this area. It made him stop in his tracks. Marissa on the hand didn't seem to feel it. She went on ahead and rounded the corner. There was a brief silence.

"Ryuk?!?" Night heard Marissa from where he stood. A gunshot followed.

Night, fearing the worst, ran around the corner, but stopped dead in his tracks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closing:

Scene Missing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending:

Night continued on down the corridor. The walls were lit up by a faint blue light.

Soon the corridor ended with a turn and as Night rounded it he saw something very interesting. The room was filled with high tech machinery of all sort. Massive wires and cable coated the floor as well as the ceiling and seemed to run into different parts of the lab. At the center of it all was a machine with a large glowing blue orb in the center.

The energy it gave off was similar to the orbs the Dragon Slayers used and the crystal inside of him, but the amount was incredible. The machine looked as if it was meant to collect the energy and send it across the lab, but the room was practically filled with excess energy.

"Hello young one." A voice came.

Night looked around but couldn't find the source anywhere. "Is anyone else in here?"

"I assure you, there is no one here but you." The voice told him.

"Then who are you?"

"I'm right there infront of you. The device they call 'The Oracle'."

"How unfortunate for you." Night replied.

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm going to destroy you."

The voice went silent. Night remembered when Sedric had told him that the Oracle was evil magic and had to be destroyed. It didn't seem evil though, just a large energy source that could manifest it's voice.

"I'll make you deal then." It said.

"What sort of deal?"

"You promise not to harm me, and I'll give you a second chance."

Night watched as the whole room began to morph. He suddenly found himself outside 8035. Marissa was there and they were getting ready to plant the bomb by the door. Night tried to warn them. About the bomb, about the turret, about not splitting up. Nothing seemed to change though, everyone died all the same. He made his way back to the Oracle, feeling cheated.

----------------

"It seems your attempts failed. What a shame. I'm sure if you had another chance you could change things."

"Don't listen to them!" a faint voice warned, but it was already too late. Night had accepted the Oracle's offer and the room began to morph once again.

End of chapter nineteen

Last edited by Darkfang on 7/13/2012, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 6:18 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/13/2012, 10:46 pm

Yeah. I took out the closing cuz it was all violent and stuff...
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 7:57 pm

Oh.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 7:58 pm

It's basically Night fighting Ryuk. It gets alittle violent near the end.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 8:17 pm

I figured you wouldn't care much for the part where he ripped him in half.
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 9:57 pm

WUT.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/15/2012, 2:50 am

Yeah. Basically Night loses control and turns into a demon type thing and beats the s*** out of Ryuk and at the end he rips him in half...
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/15/2012, 1:51 pm

Awwwwwwwww.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime7/16/2012, 10:43 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------------~~~~~~

Opening:

Night did everything in his power to change things, but nothing seemed to work. No matter what, he always ended up back at the Oracle with everyone else dead. Time and time again he had to witness people dying around him. It suddenly made him realize that he was powerless to stop it.

When he reached the Oracle he tried to tell it that he was done trying to change things, finally going to accept that he couldn't save anyone, but it somehow always convinced him to try again. He knew that it was pointless, but every single time he had a faint hope that he could do something about it, despite knowing he couldn't.

The worst part of it was seeing Marissa die over and over. It hurt him worse every time. He began to lose track of the number of times he had gone back as he was overwhelmed by sorrow. He made his way to the Oracle, not caring anymore.

"What's the matter child?" It asked.

"Why are you doing this?"

"For you of course. You believe deep down that if you go back you can save them, all I'm doing is granting your desire."

"I can't though. No matter how many times I try, it just isn't possible!"

"Do you really have so little faith in yourself?"

Night didn't respond.

"You have the power inside of you. Perhaps you simply don't care about them."

"Shut up!" he snapped. "I've tried everything I can. If I didn't care about them I would have just let them die."

"So you admit defeat? That isn't like you."

"Don't talk like you know me!"

"Just trust me." The Oracle said "One more time."

Night sighed. "What's the use?" he asked, but it was too late. The Oracle had sent him back against his will.

He let things play out like the first time. Everyone's death was terrible, but he put up with it up until they got to the corridor. He stopped and watched Marissa go on ahead. He covered his ears and shut his eyes, but the gunshot seemed louder than ever. It echoed through his mind as he walked around the corner.

All the shock he would have once felt was gone as he looked at the sight before him. Ryuk stood over Marissa's dead body, looking confident as ever. Night felt a wave of anger, but something inside him seemed to contain it. He walked down the corridor, right past Ryuk.

"What's the matter? Don't you want to kill me?!?"

"Why bother?"

"You cant be serious."

"Why do you even care. Shouldn't you be glad I'm letting you live?"

"No! That defeats the entire purpose. If you don't let your rage consume you how can you expect to become stronger?"

"How is that any concern of yours?"

"Haven't you realized yet? That's the only reason you can't break the cycle. The Oracle would stop this if you just let your emotions consume you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closing:

"So that's it huh? It doesn't care about what I want, it's just trying to turn me into some sort of monster."

"Exactly, and in order to do so you must kill me."

"Not interested." Night said. He continued walking down the corridor.

He hadn't gone very far when suddenly he felt a sword at his throat.

"Either you kill me or I kill you." Ryuk said, clearly insane.

"Fine."

Ryuk lowered his blade, glad to have it his way.

Night saw his chance. He jabbed Ryuk in the stomach with his elbow and turned around. He fired a spear Ryuk from point blank range with as much force as he could. It dug into his flesh. The tip burst through his back and the spear continued to fly down the corridor, embedding itself in the wall.

Night went on to the Oracle leaving Ryuk pinned there, cursing and struggle to get free. He entered the room.

"So, you have it all figured out, don't you?" The Oracle asked. "Regardless, I can still send you back as much as I like. If you refuse to express your anger than sorrow shall suffice."

"No!" A voice said. Night recognized it was the same voice that had tried to warn him earlier.

"I won't allow you to control him!"

"And what do you possibly expect to do about it?" The Oracle asked.

"This." A massive burst of magical energy shot forth from Night's chest and the entire room shattered like glass. Night collapsed. What was that?!? he asked himself as he rose to his feet. Looking around he noticed that the room looked about the same. Looking over at the Oracle he saw that it was suddenly missing a chunk. The size matched the crystal that Sedric had put in him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending:

"Night!" The voice called to him "You have to destroy it!"

A sword of sky blue energy formed infront of him. He reached out and grabbed it.

The Oracle seemed to be giving off dangerously high amounts of magic energy. Two clouds began to form and slowly took shape. They became solid. Two giant suits of armor now stood between Night and the Oracle. He approached them cautiously.

As he got near they seemed to come to life. He stepped back as more magic formed infront of them and took the shape of two battleaxes. They seemed to stand in his way, but made no move towards him.

He walked near them again, wondering if they had shut off or something. The second he had gotten close enough for them to reach him they both grabbed their axes, moving with surprising speed considering how big they were. Both axes came crashing down and Night jumped back just in time to avoid getting hit.

The room was to small to move around them, and Night was trying to think of a way past them when the voice spoke to him again.

"They're just illusions, they can't touch you." Night put his faith in this and walked towards the Oracle. The suits of armor swung their axes at him again, but they just passed right through him.

The armor suddenly dispersed into clouds of magic and the room began to shake and the clouds combined and took the shape of something much larger. They formed a sort of giant deformed demon. It hurled itself at him.

"There's nothing to fear. It isn't real." The voice reassured him.

"SHUT UP!" The Oracle screamed.

The demon vanished and the floor between him and the Oracle collapsed, revealing a pit of lava. Night looked at it, and then at the Oracle. He had noticed a theme in everything it had done. He stepped forward to find that the ground was still there. Another cloud of magic formed as the Oracle tried to come up with something else.

Night ran over to the Oracle and jabbed his sword into the center. It exploded it a burst of bright light.

Night sword disappeared and he took a step back. It was finally over! He breathed a sigh of relief when suddenly he felt something poke his back. In an instant the blade tore through his heart and exited his through his chest.

End
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night on the Town
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next