RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Hey, we're having a member low, so...if you can register and be active that would make us so happy!
RP Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Alive

Role-play while having fun! This RP site is a big collection of role-play topics! Role-play in your favorite or try something new! There are even school topics for all you teachers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Night on the Town

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

A Night on the Town - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/1/2012, 9:13 pm

Nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://rpalive.rpg-board.net
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/1/2012, 9:15 pm

Isn't her brother dead? And for her to be his sister she would have to have the same scar as him
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/1/2012, 9:17 pm

y?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/1/2012, 9:23 pm

It's something his tribe does. When they are born they have a coiled snake cut into the back of their wrist
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/2/2012, 2:01 am

And now, for the sake of not doing a quadruple post:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening:

Night was awoken that morning by a strange ruckus in the camp. It had already been two days, so tomorrow he could leave.

"Night!" he heard Marissa call.

He got up and went to see what she wanted. When he arrived he saw a strange girl being restricted by a couple of men and some vines.

"We found her living in a cave. She escaped from 8035 and she does have a lot in common with you."

"Your point?"

"We believe she's your sister."

"So you just kidnapped the nearest cat eared mutant in a ten mile radius and hoped she was my sister?"

Marissa glared at him. "Do you know how much trouble it was to bring her all the way here?"

"Maybe you could try picking a more docile freak next time."

Night ducked as two fireballs were launched at his head.

"Freak?!?" The girl shouted. She struggled to get free, but with a few more people they were able to keep her restrained.

"You could atleast act like you care. We almost died trying to get her here!"

"Like I said, she's not my sister." He took of his gloves and showed her his scar. "Look at her wrist."

Marissa saw it. She had a code number, but there was no scar. Are you kidding me!?!

"Sister?" the experiment spoke up. "You're looking for your sister?"

"It's a long story."

"He said if we found his sister he would help us fight."

"Why do you want his help? He looks like he's pretty weak."

Night almost snapped. He could break that girl and all the men holding her there in half without any effort at all. Still, he knew better.

Marissa sighed. "It doesn't matter anyways. There's no way we could find her in time now, so we'll just have to die fighting it seems."

"Why would you die fighting? Couldn't you just not fight?"

"They refuse to give up fighting for their cause, even if it means they all die."

The girl shook all the men off of her. "If that's the case I guess I could help you guys fight."

Marissa was surprised how easily she got out of her restraint. If she was that strong...

"You'll probably die." Night said, breaking Marissa thought.

"I'm not weak like you. I can handle myself just fine!"

"What about the other one in the cave? Can he fight?" Marissa asked, getting in between the two.

"Daniel?" the girl thought about it "A little. He's weak too though."

"We could use all the help we can get." Marissa told her.

"I'll fight."

Marissa turned to Night. "You will? But what about your sister?"

"After the fighting is over I'll find her myself."

And with that the three of them agreed to fight together. The girl revealed herself to be Dark, an experiment from District 8035. She brought Daniel by later so he could meet them and though he didn't have any say in whether he was going to take part in the fight he seemed to want to help them.

-------------------------------------------------

Closing:

It was dark out. The new recruits were staying at the camp for the time being but they, along with everyone else, were asleep. Night was sitting in a tree gazing at the moon.

"Why did you suddenly change your mind?"

Night didn't notice Marissa approach but somehow she had ended up in the tree with him.

"It's just..."

She looked up at him, staring into his eyes.

Night shook his head and turned away "I don't want to see anyone else get hurt."

-------------------

That morning Night awoke with a feeling of dread. The memories of last time came flooding back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Night was woken up by the smell of smoke. An ambush? It was the middle of the night, so he couldn't see much. Climbing atop a tree he saw it. Not more than a mile off a massive portion of the forest was up in flames. He ran off, jumping through the tree with incredible agility, towards the fire.

When he arrived it was difficult to see much The flames were bright and there was so much smoke that it was getting hard to breathe. He began to evaporate his skin. It hurt, but he did everything he could to keep from screaming. His skin regenerated, so he could take almost as much as he wanted, but it hurt more healing than it did taking it off. When he finally had a large enough shadow he sent it forth, surrounding the whole blaze in a massive dome of shadow.

Fire needs oxygen to burn, so if I cut it off then theoretically... The shadow began to shrink inward. Night didn't have the strength to keep it big anymore. As it got smaller things like charred tree trunks and bodies passed right through it, but the fire seemed to be trapped inside. Within a few minutes the shadow had all but disappeared completely when it imploded.

The fire was now gone, and a crew came in taking the dead bodies back to camp to try and identify them. Night wandered through the destruction, examining the bodies as he went. He recognized most of them, they were all comrades. No sign of the ones who had started this fire. He stopped at the body of a young girl and fell to his knees. No! This can't be happening! Please don't let this be real! It took everything in him to keep from crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ending:

He watched as they carried the body away. When I find the ones who started this I'll... I'll..... There was nothing he could have done, no sign of who it was who had started this, and no survivors. All he knew was that it was a day before the planned attack, meaning that someone must have leaked intelligence. There's no way this could have just been an accident. A natural fire. They must have known we were planning something.

When Night returned to camp he was glad to see that the majority of his friends were still there. Even though they had lost a third of their full fighting force, Minamimoto seemed intent on going on ahead with the original attack plan. "They won't expect it," he had said.

"Furthermore, though the loss this morning was great there is no time in war for mourning. The bodies have already been identified and put to rest."

No time for mourning? Night wasn't one to go against orders but considering the amount of friends and relatives who had just died it seemed wrong to not mourn.

-----
The next day they were sent off to fight and it only confirmed what Night had been fearing. Another ambush! There's no way they could have known. He ducked behind a fallen log as bullets whizzed past. A body fell backwards over the log, filled with bullets and eyes glazed. Barry. He didn't deserve to die like this. Night closed his friends eyes and stood up behind a nearby tree. Taking a large amount of skin he stepped out from behind the tree. The attackers raised there guns but before they could shoot a large number of kunai hurled themselves from Night's shadow. All five of the attacks were reduced to pin cushions.

When will it end? All the violence and death that is circling around me. It's becoming to much.

Night was sure how much more he could take. That very instant a bloodcurdling scream broke out through the treetops. He rushed over to see someone getting skewered through the eye with a bayonet. He hurled a shadow at the enemy. It took the form of a spear and pierced their armor, burying itself in their heart. A squadron of enemy troops seemed to appear from thin air. In a fit of rage Night cast their own shadows upon them. The result was many shadow needles flying from the ground straight upward with high velocity. The troops were tore to shreds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A loud call snapped Night out of his thoughts.

"FIRE!"

End of chapter three
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/3/2012, 8:12 pm

Did Dark die? Oh and Dark woulda shredded the normal guards. Someone got on her bad side.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/3/2012, 10:28 pm

I know, I know. I do a terrible Dark.

Also, most of that chapter was a flashback to four years ago(I think) so the characters that died that chapter have no importance to the current events
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/3/2012, 10:56 pm

Did Dark die.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/3/2012, 10:58 pm

At what point in the story do you think she died?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 1:40 am

I would like to apologize for posting these chapters as whole. I am just in a hurry because there are 21 of them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------------~~~~~

Opening:

Night was at the scene in a few moments. It was the same area of the forest as last time. No way this is all a coincidence. He saw that the fire was out and that in the wreckage of the burnt forest there wasn't a single body. Well, there was one.

Night rushed over to see who it was. It was Marissa. She seemed unharmed other than a few burn marks and she was still conscious.

A group of men from a rescue squad arrived on the scene near moments later. It was then that Night noticed how quiet it was.

"What happened here?" he asked Marissa.

"There was a group of men, they were planning something. I was... spying on them." Marissa said. She coughed.

"What were they planning?"

"... an ambush."

The sound of gunshots broke the silence that had been hanging over the forest. Night looked over at the rescue squad as they fell, filled with holes. Night picked Marissa up and ran, sending up walls of shadow behind them so they wouldn't get shot. When they returned to camp Marissa was examined by the medics.

Night still couldn't believe that it had been a trap. If anyone else had gone there they would certainly have been killed. The fact that there was no one else around meant that Marissa had been used as bait, but why? What were they hoping to happen? Night wondered. Surely there weren't using her to get to me! It had only been coincidence that he had showed up, so that wouldn't make for a good trap.

"We will be going ahead with the days attack." Night heard Minamimoto say.

"Are you an idiot!?! They'll be expecting that! This is the same thing that happened last time. More people will just end up dying with no results!" Night couldn't stop himself from shouting

"Oh? And what do you propose we do?"

Night said nothing. This is the cause that they've all put their lives on the line for. No way they'd give up now because they were scared of dying.

"If that is the case then we will be continuing on with the attack, as planned."

Night hadn't signed up for this. He had originally thought they stood a chance, but it was all too similar to last time. He noticed that there was someone looking over at him. It was the experiment from the cave.

"You don't have to fight if you don't want to, Mr. Night" he said

"I wish it were that easy kid."

"I heard about what happened last time." Night didn't doubt this. Nothing was a secret in a place like this

"That doesn't change anything." Night told him

"What would you have us do if not attack?"

Night sighed. He didn't have a strategy, a plan of attack, anything. "I just don't want to see people's lives uselessly thrown away again."

"But they aren't uselessly thrown away mister. They fight for what they believe in, so it can't be useless."

"It is if they don't produce results." Night got up and walked back to his little room.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Closing:

Night found himself once again in the same forest. It was in this moment that he couldn't remember what they were fighting for. What's the use of fighting without a cause? The sound of a gun being fire snapped him out of his mind.

He watched as one of his allies fell. He hurled a shadow dart at the man who had fired. It embedded itself in his neck and killed him. I guess right now I'm just fighting to stay alive.

He was glad that they weren't fighting in the section of the forest that had been burned. There were trees here that could be used for cover. Something that only hindered the attackers. Night saw some men round a corner. They seemed confused about the dead body of their comrade, but when they looked up there was no one to be found.

Night dropped out of tree into the middle of the group. They all seemed to be taken by surprise as he slashed three of them in two with a blade that seemed to appear out of nowhere. One of them unloaded a full clip, aimed at Night's head, but the bullets never found their target. Night appeared behind the man and slit his throat with the sword, letting him fall to the ground. The other two ran off and Night watched them run.

Surely they'll tell someone and come back with something a little more challenging! In an instant he was surrounded though he had no idea where the men had come from. He quickly sent up a dome of shadow as bullets came at him from all sides. He reinforced it with more shadows and it slowly built up. Then out of nowhere it seemed to explode, hurling shadow shrapnel in all directions. It was incredibly effective at eliminating all of the enemies around him.

Night took off, running through the forest looking for other suitable opponents. No one seemed to stand a chance against him. Suddenly though, tree nearby began to fall over and there was the sound of gears. Night knew all too well what was coming. Four battle mechs, one on each side, arrived quiet shortly. He noticed that they immediately lowered the things on their backs and he knew from memory what to expect. Using a large amount of shadow he set up four walls, one for each direction as a large number of bullets hurled themselves at him at dangerously high speeds.

The walls began to weaken, unable to take much more of this onslaught. This can't be the end! Night refused to believe that he would die because of a bunch of stupid machines. And then, just as all four walls began to fade, there was a loud whoosh noise and the surround area went up in flames.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ending:

"Hey there. Need some help?"

He looked up to see Marissa standing there. She was on the head of one of the mechs, though it didn't seem to notice.

The massive amount of heat threw off the robots sensors and they stopped firing. Night lowered his shadows and his skin began to heal. "I was doing fine before you showed up."

"It sure didn't look like it!"

Night hurled a giant ball of shadow into the robot to his right. It blew right through and the droid exploded. "These guys aren't so tough. It's just the big guns they have."

Marissa jumped down from the head of the mech. She sent of burst of fire right past Night, melting the mech behind him into a puddle

"The medics said you couldn't fight." he told her.

"I'm fine. Can we just deal with these last two robots for now?"

The mechs were disoriented. Their entire control system seemed to be focused on tracking heat signatures, so they didn't know what to attack. Marissa and Night dealt them both sufficient damage before they exploded. Marissa then seemed to absorb the fire into herself, almost the exact opposite of what happened at the police station.

Night remembered what is was he was fighting for. Even if I don't believe in their cause, I refuse to let my friends die fighting for it. No matter what I can't let their lives be uselessly thrown away.

End of chapter four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------~~~

Short chapter. Not really much happens, but the fight does finally begin. And I know Daniel seems like a naive child, that's just how it is
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 7:57 am

Good one.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 4:52 pm

Yeah, and Dark didn't die, sorry if I wasn't too clear on that.

The young girl who died does actually have some importance to the plot though
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:04 pm

Oh ok. Cause...Dark's 14, still young and a girl....
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:13 pm

Well the flashback was four years ago(Or something close to that) so she would have been ten
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:18 pm

Yeah. Also, DARK IS NOT A GAY BOY!
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:19 pm

I never said she was...
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:23 pm

Just sayin. People might think that.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:25 pm

Why would they think that? She only made one appearance so far and for most of it she was just referred to as "the girl" so I mean really
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:27 pm

I know, but in RP.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:28 pm

Well you control her in RP so you could just make her act more feminine or something
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:38 pm

How would that help her survive?
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 5:40 pm

IDK. She could act less like a betch rude and maybe rely on Scott and Daniel more cuz than she wouldn't need to act like that
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 6:27 pm

This is Dark we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Darkfang

Darkfang

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 6:28 pm

I know, it was just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
Flamey
Omega
Flamey

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 7:01 pm

Lol. Can you see Dark like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night on the Town   A Night on the Town - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night on the Town
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next